Thank you for visiting the CIAQ website. Your privacy is important to CIAQ.
Ciaq may collect personal information on its Website visitors, including their name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number and cell number.
Ciaq also collects electronic information generated by your computer when you visit its Website.
Purpose of Collecting Information
Ciaq collects personal and electronic information in order to:
- Understand your needs and provide quality service (e.g.: better manage documentation to be e-mailed or posted, provide requested services or validate your identity as a Ciaq customer);
- Design, maintain, manage, improve, market and provide products and services on its Website;
- Organize contests or other promotional activities;
- Provide the latest information on Ciaq, in particular on its products, services, programs and promotional offers.
Methods of Collecting Personal Information
Ciaq receives and may store personal information posted on its Website. For example, Ciaq stores personal information provided when a purchase or a registration is made through its Website or when an e-mail or participation to a draw is received.
Please remember that personal information supplied to Ciaq is provided on a voluntary basis and will be used only in accordance with the Conditions you have agreed to.
Methods of Collecting Electronic Information
When you visit Ciaq’s Website, its servers send "cookies". Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that are transferred to your computer's hard disk through your browser. Ciaq’s servers also record your IP address (IP, or Internet Protocol, is a number that locates you in cyberspace). Such personal electronic information is transmitted to Ciaq ipso facto.
Cookies enable Ciaq to keep information about your use of its Website, in particular the date of your last visit, the pages you visited, the files you downloaded and the type of browser you used to do so. Cookies also help Ciaq determine the number of visitors, the region they visit from, the country they visit from and the frequency of their visits. Furthermore, cookies help CIAQ customize its Website, answer your queries on its products and services and keep you informed on new products. With cookies, Ciaq is able to improve the quality of its Website and of their services.
PEASE NOTE that if you disable cookies, you will not be able to use the services offered when you register. Cookies enable you to take full advantage of the Internet’s best functions. Ciaq recommends that you enable cookies.
How your Personal Information is Used, Shared and Saved
Ciaq stores personal information only for the time needed or as required by law. Ciaq has established conservation and destruction policies on personal information when such information need not be kept.
Ciaq may store your IP and your e-mail address for various purposes, such as:
- To estimate the number of visitors;
- To remedy Internet problems when advised of same by users or by its Information Technologies personnel; or
- To forward information and updates on activities, privileges, promotional offers, and products and services offered by Ciaq.
Personal information will not be divulged to anyone without prior authorization, except when in violation of CIAQ’s Conditions and when requested by:
- Corporate authorities affiliated with Ciaq;
- Governmental agencies in line with regulatory or legal requirements.
Personal Information Collected by Parties not Affiliated with Ciaq
How Personal Information is Managed
Personal information is managed by Ciaq’s Customer Service Department located in Saint-Hyacinthe, Québec, Canada. They can be contacted at any time by e-mail, telephone or through Ciaq’s Website by clicking on the “Contact Us” tab. A Customer Service representative may then contact you and, if necessary, update your personal information.
You may request access to personal information which relates to you. Your request may be accepted or denied, depending on applicable laws. You may also stop Ciaq’s use of such personal information by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When submitting personal information (including your CV) through Ciaq Recruitment, you agree to the following:
- Ciaq may use any information supplied by you through its Website for recruitment purposes or to answer any inquiry you may have.