Who is STARBUCK ?
His progeny :
- In Canada, 36,976 daughters classified : 70% GP and better (326 Ex., 6,812 VG and 18,963 GP)
- More than 200,000 daughters around the world
- 209 proven sons and 406 proven grandsons
- From February 1991 to 1998, the top position on the LPI list was always held by one of his sons or grandsons
- 130 All-Canadian and 82 All-American nominations
- From 1986 to 1995, Starbuck earned 27 times the Premier Sire title at five major Holstein shows held in Canada and the USA
- 685,000 doses of semen sold in 45 countries
The total net income generated by the sale of Starbuck semen amounts to close to 25 million dollars, the best year being from April 1, 1986 to March 31, 1987 with with $4,873,658.
In addition to being extremely popular in Canada and in the United States, Starbuck was also in great demand on the international markets. He was the top-selling bull among those offered by Semex Canada in 1985-1986, 1986-1987, 1987-1988 and 1989-1990 with a net income of $3.08, $2.80, $2.99 and $2.96 million respectively.